Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Homosexual Divide…is the church paying penance for years of silence?

I am currently listening to a fascinating NPR podcast interview with Barbara Brown Taylor. She is an Episcopal priest, a college professor at Piedmont College, and an editor at large for the Christian Century. The interview dealt with her latest book entitled: Leaving Church: A Memoir of Faith.

During the interview, Professor Taylor was asked about the ongoing conflict within the American Anglican communion over the ordination of gay and lesbian Bishops. Her answers to these issues were very interesting and I recommend this podcast to anyone interested in the Episcopal Church period. But, one statement struck me as being entirely true. I am not going to say anything further, but just throw it out there for your thought.

“…the conflict over homosexuality in the Church is in some way penance for centuries of silence on issues of human sexuality…”

1 comment:

Carl Lindquist said...

Hi ChrisK

I saw you listed as a follower of my blog. How did you find me? I look forward to reading yours as well. You have a great mind and heart. Miss you here but I understand.

The Chronicler